- Educate the ‘whole’ child.
- Promote various programs to ensure school safety.
- Foster positive community and school relationships.
- Continue to emphasize technology integration and digital learning.
- Formulate a long-range facility plan.
- Develop and support strong teacher training programs.
The Winnsboro ISD Board of Trustees, Superintendent and Administrative Team developed focus points for the 2014-2015 school year and beyond. These have been amended for the 2016-17 school year. WISD Focus Points are:
- Foster life-long learners.
- Educate students in skills to lead to strong interpersonal relationships – communication and conflict resolution.
- Help identify students who may not be college bound and identify needed skills to enter the workforce.
- Add CTE opportunities for students to gain life-wage jobs without a 4 year college degree.
- Partner with NTCC to expand programs while working toward a new CTE facility.
Curriculum and Instruction
- Work toward student driven learning.
- Strive for staying on the cutting edge of technology and digital learning.
- Follow state mandates for testing while finding ways to evaluate students on a broader scope.
- Do not stress test scores over learning how to live.
- Encourage teachers to diversify teaching methods to make learning more fun and to be more effective in the classroom.
- Encourage students to think out of the box.
- Improve teacher instruction through additional training.
- Renovate existing facilities, and clean up WISD campuses.
- Consider an architect to evaluate existing facilities and needs for the future.
- Consider options to present to the Facilities’ Committee for facility needs.
- Continue to show stewardship with facilities.
- Continue to enhance career and technology education program opportunities for students.
- Continue to improve in the Arts, UIL, Band, Ag, FCCLA, Drama, Theatre, Choir, etc.
- Identify students not involved in extra-curricular activities and see if we can offer them an alternative.
- Look to expand extra-curricular and co-curricular programs and activities for the future.
- Foster a sense of personal well-being through activities that enhance character education.
- Continue to utilize security measures such as Cop Sync, partnerships with local law enforcement, full-time district security officer, security cameras on all campuses, securing entrances to buildings, when possible.
- Educate students on real-life skills – bullying, video game violence, parenting, finances.
- Have strong security visibility on campuses and at activities.
- Foster trust and communication.
- Utilize every opportunity to communicate and improve the perception of the district with the community.
- Engage community in discussions about the direction we want to go as a district.
- Find ways to include the community in education.
- Promote the strong, positive points related to WISD—not the A-F Rating System.