1. Educate the ‘whole’ child.
2. Promote various programs to ensure school safety.
3. Foster positive community and school relationships.
4. Continue to emphasize technology integration and digital learning.
5. Formulate a long-range facility plan.
6. Develop and support strong teacher training programs.
The Winnsboro ISD Board of Trustees, Superintendent and Administrative Team developed focus points for the 2014-2015 school year and beyond. These have been amended for the 2015-16 school year. WISD Focus Points are:
· Foster life-long learners.
· Educate students in skills to lead to strong interpersonal relationships – communication and conflict resolution.
· Help identify students who may not be college bound and identify needed skills to enter the workforce.
Curriculum and Instruction
· Foster hope for the future through Triple A Effect—Atmosphere, Attitude, Academics.
· Strive for staying on the cutting edge of technology and digital learning.
· Follow state mandates for testing while finding ways to evaluate students on a broader scope.
· Do not stress test scores over learning how to live.
· Encourage teachers to diversify teaching methods to make learning more fun and to be more effective in the classroom.
· Encourage students to think out of the box.
· Improve teacher instruction through additional training.
· Renovate existing facilities, and clean up WISD campuses.
· Consider a bond proposal for a new high school and reconfigure grades at existing campuses.
· Consider the purchase of land for a new high school campus and future facility needs.
· Continue to show stewardship with facilities.
· Continue to enhance vocational program opportunities for students.
· Continue to improve in the Arts, UIL, Band, Ag, FCCLA, Drama, Theatre, Choir, etc.
· Identify students not involved in extra-curricular activities and see if we can offer them an alternative.
· Expand cooperative programs with junior colleges and industry.
· Foster a sense of personal well-being through activities that enhance character education.
· Continue to utilize security measures such as Cop Sync, partnerships with local law enforcement, full-time district security officer, security cameras on all campuses, securing entrances to buildings, when possible.
· Educate students on real-life skills – bullying, video game violence, parenting, finances.
· Foster trust and communication.
· Utilize every opportunity to communicate and improve the perception of the district with the community.
· Engage community in discussions about the direction we want to go as a district.
· Find ways to include the community in education.